Completed the bridges for my Canal project. Using Plasticard, foam core, and "Self Adheisve dry wall tape" (SAWT). I really like the way they came out, I just need to add some extra details on the bridges and actual canal so almost done.
I started off with plasticard for the base with 2 small walk ways for infantry and 1 much wider walkway for large vehicles.
I applied the SAWT and cut 2 pieces of foamcore about 1" high by 5" long these would be used as the railings of the Walkway. I cut strips of plasticard (25mm x 5mm) and super glued them evenly spaced apart from each other onto the foamcore strips. Before gluing the foamcore onto the base plasticard, I applied a layer of PVA glue over the exposed foam to protect it from the super glue. Once that was dry I glued the railings to the bridge section.
|before cutting the strips.|
|The cut strips 25mm x 5mm ready to get glued to the foamcore.|
|First bridge done.|
I used the same process to do the bigger bridge the only difference is the size of the plasticard floor which required more strips of SAWT.
|Starting the Bigger bridge.|
|After adding SAWT to the plasticard|
|The 3 bridges complete.|
The bridges built and showing where they would go onto the canal.